Saturday, April 3, 2010

Frustration sets in

It's been almost 10 weeks since the ankle injury. It's probably the longest I've gone without doing any proper physical activity and I'm sure as hell missing the feeling of just sweating it out. The only sweating I'm doing now comes from the horribly hot and humid weather!

On a happier note, the ankle is getting better and stronger, though not enough to get me running or swimming properly just yet. It's tough. Frustration sets in, I'm easily annoyed and definitely more angsty of late. Don't talk about patience...

Not doing what I love most (sports) is bad enough. I've missed a good 8 weeks of weekly touch rugby sessions and just hanging out with the gang after. The touch guys have been way awesome, they do try getting me out to meet them for lunch after their games and even took the trouble to pick me up from my house especially when I was still out on crutches and limping about. But it still sucks knowing that they were enjoying themselves before and hearing them talk about funny things that happen during each session kinda makes you feel like you missed out on a whole lot.

Being limited and restricted in my movements, I've also been venturing out less. Good on the money bit though. I was unable to make it down to the hospital to visit a good friend who just gave birth to her first child. I missed out on some clubbing fun with the girlies at Zouk coz it was just not practical for me to go with crutches (not too sure if the bouncers would let me enter to being with) and just random activities with friends that did not permit me to join them coz of my current state.

Definitely can't wait to bounce back into action. I'm hoping after my 3 month post evaluation in 2 weeks I get some good news! I'm hoping that I can progressively start running after and train up in time for the Army Half Marathon sometime in August. Fingers and toes cross. Meantime, I'll try my best to religiously keep to my strength training and rehab programme for the ankle.

I need to learn to take things easy and just relax.... =)

3 comments:

fat_starfish said...

hey babe, i understand what you mean when you say you feel like you miss out a whole lot!

don't fret k??? cos we miss you hanging with us!!! a lot!!!

and just hang tough for a bit and you'll be back on the field in no time!!

we are all just happy to see you off the cast and crutches... :)

love you! :)

fat_starfish said...

hey babe, i understand what you mean when you say you feel like you miss out a whole lot!

don't fret k??? cos we miss you hanging with us!!! a lot!!!

and just hang tough for a bit and you'll be back on the field in no time!!

we are all just happy to see you off the cast and crutches... :)

love you! :)

Jacinta said...

Hey babe, thanks for the encouragement. I'm going crazy soon, but trying to hand in there for a few more weeks. Wanted to join u guys down at the field today, but when i tried running on the spot yesterday, my ankle still kinda felt weird. So i think it's best i wait awhile more. *sigh*

Really hope to join u guys soon. Have fun! =)