Sunday, January 31, 2010

F. R. I. E. N. D. S

I'm a strong believer in the meaning and importance of friends. I count myself lucky and blessed that all my life, I've been surrounded by many awesome friends who have always been there for me in both good and bad times. Each and everyone of them different in personality, character and talent, but each special in their own way!

This may contradict my earlier statement above. As much as all my friends mean alot to me, I never actually had a BEST FRIEND. Ok, maybe in primary school, I thought I had a best friend. We did almost everything together, but after we graduated and went to separate secondary schools, we totally lost contact. She's still on my Facebook friends list, but we hardly communicate and I honestly have no idea what I would say to her if I did meet up with her again. Since then, it was hard for me to believe that a person could have a single 'betsest' friend forever. Friends do come and go as you get on with your life. I'm not saying it does not happen in this world, but such situations are definitely hard to come by. So if you do have a best friend all your life, good for you. Count yourself lucky and cherrish it!

I like to think of it from a different approach. I must admit I have plenty of friends that I have gotten to know through my 25 years on planet Earth. A best friend No, but good friends a plenty. To me, I find that no one is perfect, not even myself. It might sound demanding to ask that your best friend can help solve all your problems and be there for you no matter what happens. Honestly, I believe that no one person can solve and be there for you for everything. That is why I rather have a group of good friends, coz sometimes, you just need to find the strength in the different people around you.

You can have a friend who is great at listening to all your problems. Sometimes you just need a friend who is willing to chill and drink with you when your down. Then you have your sporting friends who share a similar passion for a certain game and others who you can hang out with and not say a word, but the company alone speaks for itself. Of coz there are those who you share crazy times with and not forgetting your foodie or shopping friends who you hang out with. You see, I choose to rather believe and have a great group of friends I can turn to on different days, whether I'm feeling wild, wacky, sad, happy, hungry, mad, sporty or menstrual-ish. Hahaha.

It's not so much of choosing which friends you want to hang out with. Sometimes you just need to tap on the strengths and weaknesses of your circle of friends to help compliment to make you whole again. Then again as mention, I am blessed indeed to have such wonderful friends. Honestly, I don't think I would have been the same person I am today without each and every single one of them. I think each a has played a part at some point in my life to shape me into the Jacinta I am today.

So thank you to all my friends. I do not have no name names coz there's just too many of you to mention. I believe that each and every single one of you has played an important role, be it tini-tiny or a mega role.... Thank You!

"Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."
-
Dior Yamasaki-

No comments: